Welcome to the Sustainable Earth project!
Our goal is to bring awareness to sustainable practices that can be easily incorporated into everyday life! The site also serves as a marketplace where you can browse various non-plastic products that you likely already currently use. Lastly, it is our goal to potentiate the education about reusable, sustainable, products and practices, with the hope that it can be our new global norm.
Every living being has a place on this earth and is entitled to basic necessities needed to thrive and sustain themselves. Due to rapid growth of the human population and a finite amount of land, it is imperative that we find ways to not negatively impact our furry, scaled, and multi-legged neighbors. Due to our technological advances which has helped us develop substantially, we have inadvertently created products that harm other living beings, including ourselves. Without plants, insects, land and marine life, we cannot continue to thrive. There is a balance that is needed to maintain the quality of air we breathe, the quality of water we drink, the quality of soil that we use to raise crops and feed that animal we keep, but also to maintain the number of pollinators needed to cultivate the crops we grow. We all must do our part to maintain the harmonious circle of life. Changing one thing may only seem like a drop in the bucket, but it is progress nonetheless.
Where do we start ?
- Identify an easy and simple change that you and your family can make today. Such as choosing paper bags over plastic or deciding to use reusable bags when going shopping for clothes, groceries, school supplies, etc.
- Spread the word! But more importantly, lead by example. Sometimes the easiest way to make a change is to show people how easy it is to start. Be the change in your community!
- Try not buying bottled water, you can save money and reduce your use of plastic.
- A lot of people have real plates and bowls only used during the holiday, why not ditch the plastic/paper plates and use the real ones.
- Buy a set of reusable straws as a cute gift for a loved one or your work family!
- Buy reusable produce bags to decrease your use of single use plastics.
Do not feel ashamed of using plastics. It is convenient at times, and sometimes, it is all we have. Instead, focus on little changes you can make slowly over time. That is how we make a significant long-lasting change globally.
Together we CAN and Together we Will, Together we CHANGE!